Hi everyone...thanks for stopping by. I sincerely appreciate any feedback or comments you may have regarding job scams. I do my best to personally respond to messages that come in and also use job scams others receive by email.
Today's entry comes from a reader I'll call "Mary". I am not using her real name nor her email address to protect her privacy. However the rest of the information is accurate and verbatim as the scam itself. Apparently the job scammers out there are getting a little smarter by using abbreviations for job titles like as shown below for a FSO. And also, I guess they use these email replies as "firstname.lastname@example.org" which is also quite a departure from the usual randomness of the email names.
But here without further wait...below is an email from "Mary" about a job for something. I'm still not sure what a FSO is...but it is a job scam.
From: Miss Harris <email@example.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Subject: New Job Opportunity for position - Tue. Nov.13, 2012, 4:29 PM
To: Mary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Good day "Mary",
I represent the Company specializing in Information Technology. We
perform a variety of functions that range from installing applications
to designing complex computer networks and information databases. A few
of the duties that Information Technology professionals perform may
include data management, engineering computer hardware, as well as
management and administration of entire systems. Information technology
is starting to spread further than the conventional personal computer
and network technologies, and more into integrations of other
technologies such as the use of cell phones, televisions, automobiles,
and more, which is increasing the demand for such jobs.
This letter confirms our employment offer to you as a part time FSO.
This offer is subjected to the following:
• Work schedule:
- Mon - Fri, from 9 AM - 11 AM.
• Job Requirements:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Computer skills including internet, e-mail, word processing
- A stable work history
- You must be a self-starter and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- All applicants will be required to complete a background check
- Free training provided, so experience is not required
- NOT A SALES OR MLM MARKETING POSITION
• Your salary shall be $2300 per month and is subjected to taxes deductions and other withholding deductions as required by law.
• In accepting our employment offer and until you sign the formal job
contract, you certify that your employment has not entered into a
Contact us at
I'm sorry, due to spam problem we have to use a g-mail address, company
e-mail address will be revealed to you after your reply.
Helena woman loses $1K in online scam
6 years ago