Monday, April 20, 2009

JVC LTD Fraudulent Job Offer

Well, not a day goes by that I don't get emails on my personal named email account I use for job information, leads, and the like. I wonder on a resume you send back to a company that contains your personal information and no bank account number, social security numbers, and the like how something bad could happen. But then I wake up and realize I could have my identity stolen by just supplying that information to any potential job service. It's a scam below...very too good to be true but in my case, unemployed as yet...very tempting if I wasn't so informed to not believe every job offer I get in my in box. Now on the verbatim email scam:

fromAshok Kae


dateMon, Apr 20, 2009 at 11:03 AM
subjectSupply manager needed
mailed-byhotmail.com

hide details 11:03 AM (4 hours ago)
Reply

Hello
I am HR Assistant of JVC Ltd.
JVC L.a.b. Ltd is one of the most promising and developing European logistic
companies in freight forwarding operations.
We have more then 12 years of experience in providing our
clients with professional services in international freight,
storage, shipping and purchasing services.

At the moment we've opened vacancy of Purchasing Agent
(Free Contractor) position to be based in the USA.

Position
Name: Purchasing Agent (Supply Department)
Salary: 40,000 $US /year
Timing: Part-time
Working hours: Monday-Friday (15 hours per week)
Professional on-line trainings.
Responsibilities:
-Leading Purchasing Contracts with the company's main customers.
-Organize purchasing activity of the company on US market.
-Organize shipping process.

The main idea of the position is to provide our company with high-qualified shipping and purchasing services.
We would like to invite you to join our company.
If you are interested in our job proposal please send your updated resume to jvc.hroffice@gmail.com
Our managers will contact you as soon as it will be possible.
Thank you for your time and interest.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John-

My husband received this email and has spoken with who he believed to be the HR person and hiring manager. Do you have information to back up your claim as a scam?