Thursday, March 19, 2009

Comments Back To Anonymous About Job Email Scams

Here's a posted comment to my blog recently from "anonymous" that I felt should be addressed.

And I quote from the individual:

"ALL I HEAR FROM YOU SO CALLED VICTOMS OUT HERE IS WHAT A SCAM SOMEONE IS... BUT YOU EVER SAY WHAT MONEY YOU ARE OUT OF.."

His comment is verbatim above, typo, capital letter text and all.

To reply to him effectively I'd like to say that the job offers I document are scams. You don't have to lose money to be scammed in my viewpoint.

You can lose your identity or be a victim of someone getting the information you post applying for a fake job.

You can simply lose private information about your home address, phone number, college education, military service, work experience, and likely more by just filling out one of the bogus emailed job applications you'll receive when you express an interest.

Even if I did lose money on a job email scam (not the point here) I don't think I'd want to just post "Hey I lost two thousand dollars in a scam."

I'd rather post information to people to be careful so hopefully nobody loses money replying to some of these job offers that I and others tend to receive while looking for work online.

And it's not "what a scam someone is" as pointed out by the anonymous commentary in the blog entries I written. It's what a scam these job offers are that I receive by email.

There's a difference if you ask me.

The names of the people offering jobs are fake.

The companies in my view are fake.

The emails scream fake with ridiculous names and job titles tied to google email accounts.

(With all due respect to Wobbits Incorporated which deserves a fair look again to me since they do have a website and a supposedly legit telephone number to contact them.)

What do you think?

Anyone else have comments to defend "anonymous" above one way or the other? The purpose of my blog is to freely exchange information even if everyone doesn't agree with what I have to say.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week!!

1 comment:

Poppakap said...

Thanks for taking the time to expose these SCAM artists. They are leaches on society that use the internet to enrich themselves and their associates through deception and fraud. Even more disgusting is the fact that these losers crawl out of the woodwork during difficult economic times, preying on people who are desperate for work/income. The more the blogosphere can work together to reveal the actions of these criminals, the better.

And finally, just in case he/she is reading: YOU ARE A CRIMINAL MR. ANONYMOUS! SOMEDAY KARMA WILL APPROPRIATELY TAKE CARE OF YOU.