Sunday, March 8, 2009

What is Wobbits Service? A Scam?

I didn't hear back from the KES scam yet so I figure they have moved onward to less informed individuals. Like others that comment, I can't help but wonder if somewhere my secure resume is creating offers like the one I received this morning in my email box. It's from a new company but still sounds 100% like another scam to me.

I haven't found anything about the company really, but it sure sounds questionable to me. I'm not sure how to respond to someone like this so I've decided just to copy and paste and serve as a small scale scam warning type of guy and move on to more interesting things in my life. See what you think:


"zulemadahlstedt51@live.com

Hello,

Wobbits Service is currently hiring for the position of Mailing Assistant. If you feel that you are a self-motivated and career-oriented person, we highly encourage you to spare a minute and learn more about our current openings.
Primary job requirements:

* Basic knowledge of the computer
* Ability to print and scan documents
* Knowledge of such programs as Adobe Acrobat Reader and Microsoft Office
* Ability to pick up packages weighing up to 30lbs. If you believe that you can meet these basic job requirements and are interested in joining our company as a well-paid Mailing Assistant, please to wobbits.support.garcia@gmail.com. Our Human Resources Manager will contact you within the following 24-48 hours.
Best Regards,
Andrew Garcia
Wobbits Service HR Department"


So that is the new one. In these days of identity theft, how much other information could someone obtain from an online job service. I figure much more than I'd think if they had your name, address, telephone number, prior employers and the like.

I can just see a scam contacting a previous company I worked for on my resume asking to verify my social security number or direct deposit account numbers so they can make sure they had it correctly listed.

Sure, here's a role play from fake company to a prior employer.

"You know this guy XXXX XXXXX we just hired made an error on his direct deposit slip or W-2 form where he must not have given us the right social security number. Can you help share with us what it is? We've tried to call him on his phone numbers listed but haven't been able to reach him."

I'd almost think an HR company would think they are doing a great favor for a new employee by giving out that sort of information.

What do you think?

More later...it's a cloudy, wet, and windy day at home. I'm going to go back and curl up with extra blankets now.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Applied For KES Enterprise Job Opportunity

Hey there for those who don't know...I have a new identity as a way of uncovering more bogus information from KES Enterprises. I applied for the position using a very made up address and telephone number with an extra digit included. It's a basic application shown below that I received and filled out today.

It might sound stupid or crazy and maybe it is.

If I hear back from them, I will let you know. I purposely put some information that could no way to be accurate to determine if they are really insane for scamming or I'm the crazy one.

Have a great week!!

1 comment:

Tom said...

I responded to email from wobbits. I am now getting packages from them....

What do you think? They say they pay 35 dollars a package to ship them out. They pay though paypal. They email you a shipping label and they pay the postage. Haven't gotten paid for the one package I've sent out so far. Recipient was in St. Petersburg, Russia. It was a rugby shirt and some pants. No bombs or anything. Again... your thoughts please. Thanks

Any thoughts?