Sunday, October 31, 2010

Letter Written To Yahoo/Hot Jobs About Job Scams I Now Receive

Here's a copy of an email I sent to Monster.com regarding email scams that I receive and continue to receive to my registered account with Monster.com and Yahoo Hot Jobs.

It appears now that Hot Jobs and Monster have joined together I receive far more fake jobs that are scams than ever before. Examples include an International Product Dispatcher making over $3,000 a month for one or two hours a day, Anthea Dales from Diamond Group Inc. with a potential job offer of over $3,000 a month shipping products from my home to other locations worldwide, and far more other lucrative jobs that are not legitimate offers of employment. I could start forwarding them back to Monster but I hope this is not the first time you have heard of something like this. Can monster do anything to keep these scammers from acquiring lots of my personal information I entrust to Monster.com that could possibly be used for fraudulent purposes or identity fraud? What is your take on this situation please? What can your company do to protect innocent people who may be emailed with scam offers that state they (scammers) have found my resume on Monster.com and want to solicit me for a job that does not exist? I'm looking for part-time or full time work myself. There should be an opening at Monster to screen jobs that regularly get posted that do not exist or merely seek to commit fraud on potential applicants. Thank you for any response you may have about this situation on fake job offers by email.


The next entry will be the official response from Monster.com

No comments: