Sunday, October 31, 2010

Response From Monster.com Regarding Fake Job Scams On Their Website

Below is a response from Monster.com regarding the fake job question I posed on the entry directly before this one:

Hello Xxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Monster. My name is Rashana and I will be glad to assist you with this issue.

So that I may appropriately report this spam/scam email to the appropriate vendors, please provide me with the full Internet header information from the email. Instructions on obtaining the header information can be found at the following link: http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html.

If you have any further questions or wish to speak with a Monster Customer Service Representative, please contact us at 1-800-Monster.

Thank you for contacting Monster,

Rashana
Monster Global Customer Service


Then I replied with the following email:

I am sorry but I deleted the emails. Is there anything Monster can do to screen these ridiculous offers of employment that are scams? Or is there a way to remove all my information so I won’t get contacted by those who say they’ve seen my resume or address on Monster.com who then send me these fake job offers of employment?
Thank you.


And then Rashana replied with the following:

Hello Xxxxxxxxx,

In order to ensure that you don't receive any job alerts, you will need to make sure that you don't have any saved job searches set up on your account. if you don't wish for employers to view your resume, you can change the status of your resume to private. Once you set your resume status to private, your resume will not be viewable by employers. However if you wish for your resume to be viewable by employers but wish to not have your personal contact information displayed, you can change your resume status to confidential. If changing your resume status to confidential, make sure that if you have any personal contact information within the body of your resume that you remove this information as well. In the case that you won't to completely remove your resume, you can delete your resume by following the steps listed below:

1. Log into your account
2. Hover your mouse over the "Profile and Resume" tab
3. Click on the orange arrow button listed under the "Action" tab
4. Click on delete
5. Confirmation deletion

You will have successfully deleted your resume.

If you have any further questions or wish to speak with a Monster Customer Service Representative, please contact us at 1-800-Monster.

Thank you for contacting Monster,

Rashana
Monster Global Customer Service


So I don't know what happened. I still receive emails that I've been discovered for fake job employment on Monster.com but my resume is missing. Could it be the scammers email the resumes around to get others interested in them to try their luck at scamming me or there is a database these scammers collect resumes on to prey on people like me looking for work? I guess I will never know but I am sure Monster.com just doesn't have the care or possible resources to stop scammers from looking at jobs. To them, anyone who pays them money can access all the list of resumes for review for these fake type jobs.

No comments: